This past weekend was my annual Friendsgiving at the farm. This year I made my mom’s famous pumpkin bars and they were amazing! For those not wanting to give into the Christmas season temptation just yet…. these are the perfect treats to get you in the Thanksgiving spirit!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 16 oz can of pumpkin ( I use Libby’s 15 oz can)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat sugar, oil and pumpkin in a mixing bowl until fluffy
- Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to pumpkin mixture
- Pour into cake pan (13×10 or 13×9)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven)
- Set aside to cool, cut into brownie squares and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. You can also frost with cream cheese frosting too!